by / Views 23 / July 26, 2015

VOC’s also known as Volatile organic compounds: Chemicals with low points that turn to vapors or gases at room temperature, and therefore can be inhaled. VOCs can be either natural or man-made, and  short-term exposure to man-made VOCs which are commonly found in paints and solvents, cleaning products, adhesives, mattresses, dry cleaning chemicals, furniture, copy machines, and much more—may cause eye and respiratory tract irritation, headaches, dizziness, visual disorders, fatigue, loss of coordination, allergic skin reactions, nausea, and memory impairment. Chronic exposure to man-made VOCs may pose such health risks as damage to the liver, kidneys, and central nervous system. VOCs are associated with respiratory, allergic, and immune effects in children, and many VOCs are known to cause cancer in animals. Skin Deep score: Depends on the specific VOC. Formaldehyde, for instance, is rated a 10.

Your Commment