Hip Technology for Parents
Whether you are a new or experienced parent, life can become difficult. Time is cut short and you have to learn how to run your day-to-day life while making time for the young ones. In the spirit of organization, here are eight new apps and technologies that can make things run a little easier:
1) ROOM for Thought- This new app prompts you to take a random and spontaneous photo of your baby, so you don’t go a day without a new one. This makes for cool photo albums or time-lapse of your baby growing!
2) Private Facebook Groups- Instead of clogging the newsfeed with pictures and videos of your baby, you can create private groups for only people you choose to see these special moments. This also helps protect against any unwanted viewers of your little one.
3) Pinterest and Houzz- Trying to get the perfect look for every wall decoration or photo can be painstakingly difficult and expensive. These apps help you find ways to DIY more and cut the costs of your expenses.
4) Postagram and Snapshot Postcards- Don’t have time to hand write thank you cards? Send one via email or phone message by using these apps!
5) E-Commerce- Time is limited when watching your baby, so why leave the house? Get everything sent to you via Amazon, Seamless, Postmates, and Doordash. Never worry about packing the day bag to run errands!
6) Nest- This app allows you to regulate the levels of carbon monoxide in your house and helps regulate temperatures in your baby’s room.
7) Doctor on Demand and HealthTap- No need to worry about midnight runs to the ER for coughs and sniffles. You can now talk to pediatricians in your home via video calling and over the telephone.
8) Paternity Leave- This technically isn’t an app or new technology, but with growing trends of higher paternity leave, you are able to have an extra set of hands around the house for a little longer.